Best Way for Local Businesses to Get Found on Google
Being a small business owner in today’s technology-driven world should be an easy endeavor, however, businesses have never been at greater risk of going belly up. Frankly speaking, small businesses that cannot be found on Google might as well be wearing a cloak of invisibility. Therefore, it’s important to be proactive by implementing the tips-and-tricks that will get your business displayed on the superhighway of search engines.
Keep your business in the fast lane by utilizing the following methods.
- Connect your domain to Google Search Console. Doing this will put Google on notice about the existence of your business/website. By taking the reins, you’re lighting a fire under Google to speed up the indexing of your site.
- Rise to the top by laying a link trail. Obtain high-quality backlinks by writing content about your niche market and submitting the articles on publications and blogs. Doing this regularly will cement you as an authority in the industry thus building trust with your customers. Be sure to include a link to your website within each article, so Google will push your business to the top of its search results.
- Choose precise keyword phrases. Create 3 to 5-word phrases using strong keywords that people will likely use when searching for the products and services your business offers. By choosing the best keywords, your website is likely to appear at the top of Google’s search results.
- Practice premium metadata management. Choose clear and concise wording for the metadata of each web page you create and weave strategic keywords into your meta tags. This will strengthen the chances of your website appearing at the top of search results because Google will be able to identify your business’ relevance. Yoast SEO plugin can be used on WordPress website to help you make the most of your meta tags.
- Meet your neighbors. Create a Google My Business account to establish a local SEO presence. Using this strategy will cause Google to direct people to your business by displaying it within location-specific search results that are generated through Google Maps and Local Pack.
- Advertise your business’ digits. Creating a Call Only campaign with Google Ads will not only drastically increase your visibility on Google, but it will alleviate the need to design multiple landing pages.
Getting your business displayed at the top of Google’s search results is both a science and an art form that you can master. It just takes a little time and tenacity. Once you’ve managed to complete all the necessary steps, your customer base and income will spike and continue to grow.
If you’re ready to have your business’ website appear at the top of Google’s search results, Higgins Marketing Group can help. Contact us for a pressure-free chat about the techniques that will put your business ahead of the rest. Not sure yet? Check out our work and let us know when you’re ready.