5 Tips for Boosting Website Conversion
It is exciting to anticipate all the new business your website is going to bring you in the months ahead, but if you do not have a means of capturing the attention of potential customers, your conversion rate will suffer, and your business will struggle.
At the end of the day, your main goal is growing your customer base. To accomplish this, one needs to understand that customers range from hot to cool meaning some are ready to buy immediately while others will wait until they feel sure in their decision. No matter what degree of prospect is visiting your site, your objective is to stay top of mind regardless of when you will win their business. You must first gain their acceptance and permission.
Consider utilizing these design techniques to entice visitors into becoming one of your valued customers.
- Break the speed barrier. If your website loads slowly, impatient visitors who are eager to buy right away will simply go elsewhere. To increase your site’s speed, optimize images and clean up your code. Next, check your page speed rank on PageSpeed Insights or a similar testing service. If your site still isn’t up to par, make alterations, then test it again.
- Request their attention using skilled subtlety. One of best ways to stay engaged with customers is to encourage them to join a mailing list or subscribe to a newsletter. This is easily accomplished with calls to action such as embedded inline option forms and exit-intent pop-ups. Once you have their email address, you can strategically stay on their radar and remain top of mind through sales announcements, newsletters, so on and so forth.
- Build it and they will come. Creating well designed landing pages is an ideal way to educate visitors and turn them into loyal customers. Just make sure the landing pages are free of outbound links and include a call to action.
- Set a bold welcome gate. A proper welcome gate is attractive and fills the homepage screen as it greets visitors. Often, the gate’s main objective is to get the visitor to sign up to receive emails or newsletters.
- Be short and sweet. Writing a clear and concise value proposition is extremely important. Be direct. Tell visitors that you and your website have the answers they’re searching for, so they need not go elsewhere.
No matter if you are an established business owner or starting out fresh, using two or more of the above techniques will improve your conversion rate.
If you’ve been thinking about getting a new website design, Higgins Marketing Group can help. Contact us for a pressure-free chat about the initial steppingstones needed to improve your website. Not sure yet, check out our work and let us know when you’re ready.